Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

Buick Riviera: ... my 95 Riviera idles very high consist

Customer Question

Hi... my 95 Riviera idles very high consistently
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
high idles generally come from vacuum leaks at the motor. if the idle air control valve fails, it will usually code. you have not stated that the check engine light is on at this time.
I would be looking for vacuum leaks and also check the throttle body for being dirty.
start there.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Check engine light is on and the security light stays on. Also when the car idles high the speedometer doesn't work. When idles normally, the speedometer does work. sometimes I have to enter on the passenger side to get the car to start......serious electrical problems. i noticed the high Idling after I changed two of the Three coils. thank you
ok, lets start with the codes. did you have the codes checked??? you can have a parts store read them for free for you.
Roy