Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My 2008 Lucerne has a leak on the front passenger side, it

Customer Question

my 2008 Lucerne has a leak on the front passenger side, it has a sunroof.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
Do you notice the water leak after a hard rain and have you noticed if it is near the outboard part of the floor or towards the front?
A good test is to open the sunroof and using a water bottle, pour water into the trough towards the front of the sunroof. There are drains on each side and the water should drain through the hole in each corner, down a drain tube which is routed down the roof pillar posts and come out behind the front wheels from the corner of the fender. If you can try this water test, that would be helpful. Usually the water leaks are either drains plugged with debris or the vapor barriers behind the door panels.
Bill