Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick LeSabre Custom: Scott I have a 2001 lesabre that will

Customer Question

Scott I have a 2001 lesabre that will not start I have followed the road map and all fuses are ok and the relay in kicking in but i have no power on the ppl wire on the starter need to know where on the pcm will i find pin 76
Category: Buick
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, pin #76 is showing according to my schematic as a yellow wire This is the ground input from the PCM to the starter relay which in turn grounds the relay to close and send 12 volts on the purple wire that is at the starter .. At the starter relay there should be a (1) constant hot (2) bat voltage with the key on crank (purple wire to the starter ) (3) hot with the key on or crank (4) ground input from the Pcm when the key is in the crank position
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
also, after charging the battery overnight does the show 12 volts or more ?