Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick: I know that this is not somethng easily diagnosed just

Customer Question

I know that this is not somethng easily diagnosed just through conversations, but before i take vehicle to dealer i would like your opinion. I just purchased this 2004 Buick Century for daughter but it has a problem with the instrument panel . The air bag blink after car is started and stays on. Sometime while driving all the gages on the instrument panel shutdown and comes back up this inclues speed odometer, gas hands fall to empty, the chime comes on for a second and i once saw the check engine, security light come on. The car continues to run without a miss. I need to get car inspected and tying not to spend a lot of additional money on this car.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemsince the car runs just fine when this happens on these 2004 Century's when the dash gauge's will do this it would narrow this down to a bad ignition switch or connection at the gauge cluster or an internal fault with the gauge cluster where it would need to be sent our for repairs or replacedwhen it goes into the shop it will be challenging for them to duplicate for them to be able to test and see what possible power or ground would be missing causing the gauge cluster to do thisthe shop will more than likely check for codes and if no codes do a few tests and try to narrow it down to a possible ignition switch causing this or the gauge cluster itself