Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

My 2003 lesabre smells strongly smells of gas even when parked

Customer Question

My 2003 lesabre smells strongly smells of gas even when parked but there is no signs of it leaking onto the ground so what do think the problem is??
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemwhen you smell this gas smell is it from the front area or the rear area of this car ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure the smell is so strong but I guess the front area
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
usually where you smell it from the strongest is the problem areaone little seep or drip of fuel can smell so much you would think there is raw gas spilling outusually on these Lesabre's when the smell if from the front area of the car there is a small amount of fuel leaking or seeping from one of the fuel lines where it connects to the fuel rail or the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail or a fuel injector or upper O-ring on an fuel injector which seals the injector into the fuel railsome of these you will not see raw fuel dripping it will be slight fuel seeping which will show signs of a dark brown stain where the fuel is seeping fromthe best action to take is the fuel injectors and the fuel lines and fuel rail and the regulator needs to be checked for any signs of a brown stain or of course raw fuel drip and then once that is found replaced or repairedbut the bot***** *****ne is if you smell it strongest from the front of the car it has to be something under the hoodalso making sure the fuel filter under the car is not seeping any fuel at alli would get this car to a shop for them to do those inspections