Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

GM Roadmaster: My 1994 Buick Roadmaster horn will not stop

Customer Question

My 1994 Buick Roadmaster horn will not stop beeping. Here is how it all got started,
A couple of years ago during the cold months, the horn would beep once in a while when I was turning the steering wheel. Normally just going down the road was no problem. Just once in a while when turning short. One day when I pulled into the garage at home and got in the house for a while the horn went off and would not quit. So I went out to the garage opened the door a gave the horn pad a rap with my fist. That didn't make it stop so I pulled out the 25 amp fuse.
After six months without a horn I asked my mechanic buddy, who will try to fix anything if given a chance to fix it. Well he replace the horn pad and relay and the horn still keeps on blowing all the time. Had to pull out the fuse again......................
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
Your horn relay gets its ground through the clock spring located behind the steering wheel and if it's internally grounding then it could cause the horn to keep blowing. Have him try disconnecting the clock spring and see if the horn shuts off. If it does then the clock spring is likely bad. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Horn%20Jul%202.pdf