Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Rendezvous: . I have a 2005 rendezvous and have over

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 rendezvous and have over the past six months or so been having very intermittent problem with hard shifting. I have been reading alot of comments about the most likely problem being the pressure control solenoid. I am thinking about calling a few different repair shops, including buick dealership, and asking their prices for replacing this solenoid and also flushing/replacing trans. fluid. Do you think this is best way to go, or should I have further diagostics done and risk someone telling me falsely that I need a whole new transmission? I also see that the cost should not be more than about $400? Is it a good bet this will fix the problem? Thank you very much, and is this price still accurate, including a trans. fluid flush? Bob
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long wait99 % of these that the transmission is not slipping at all and will just have an intermittent harsh shift is caused by debris in the fluid that usually will stick the pressure control solenoid and cause this problem$ 400 is a very good price as it is a 5 hour job X's the shops labor rate @ $ 100 give or take for the solenoid which usually runs a total of @ $ 500 to $ 600 without including a flush which a flush can run @ $ 100 to $ 125 ishtotal for everything is @ $ 700 to $ 800 tops for everythingagain it depends on the shops labor rate and parts mark ups and also a lot have specials and discounts with coupons for like 10 or 20 % off repairs