FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Rendezvous CXL: how much should it cost to replace the

Customer Question

how much should it cost to replace the radio or antenna for my 2006 buick rendezvous. I am reception is great, I only get two am stations 870 and 890 and have terrible static at bank drive in and near power lines. Where is the best place to have the work done, dealer, mechanic, body shop or auto electronics store?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. If you only want a factory radio installed then you can have this done at a shop or at the dealer. It is needs a radio and antenna it will run about $500-600 for the factory unit. If you do not care about the factory unit then you can get a radio much cheaper at a place like Best Buy or a radio shop for about $200-250.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, do you think I need a completely new radio and antenna or would replacing just the antenna fix the am reception problem?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
It is really hard to say for sure. It sounds like it may just be the antenna, and if it is you can get that replaced for about $150-200.