Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Regal: My 99 Buick Regal wouldn't let you turn key off,

Customer Question

My 99 Buick Regal wouldn't let you turn key off, so we put a new ignition switch on it, found out the battery wasn't good, so put new battery in it. It started we drove to store, and it tried to start but wouldn't. We pushed it out of the way at store and it wouldn't do anything. We towed it home and we tried it again and it started, then tried a day later and nothing. We put an air sensor on it and now when you turn key on the dash instruments go back and forth. Had to disconnect battery for it to stop. Any suggestions?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the battery cables at the battery as well as to where they lead to and connect for any corrosion or any connection or cable issues.Check at the under hood fuse panel as well for any connection issues.
If a fault is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.
Thanks Pete