Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Roadmaster Limited: My horn is stuck on. Pulled fuse.

Customer Question

My horn is stuck on. Pulled fuse. How to fix? 1995 Buick roadmaster.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Usually this fault is caused by the horn pad/air bag on the steering wheel itself as the pad shrinks over time and makes contact sounding the horn.I have seen it fail before needing replaced as well as the horn relay stuck on needing replaced.These will need checked to pinpoint which is the cause here and then the affected component replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the horn pad along with Ir bag after disconnecting battery. Is there any thing special about disassembly considering air bag. What is procedure for checking out components and are components available or do I need to replace horn pad along with air bag?
Thanks,
Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the air bag and horn pad are all one and cannot be disassembled as you risk setting off the air bag.They have to be replaced together as an assembly.
Thanks Pete