FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Lasabre: my 2000 Buick Lasabre 3.8 v-6 will start easy

Customer Question

my 2000 Buick Lasabre 3.8 v-6 will start easy but dies and will not accelerate. No one can find what the problem is. We have eleminated the Idle stop solonoid and bad gas. We need help.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the security light is on when cranking the engine? Did the car just die one day or did it just refuse to start all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drove up to the doctor office and when I came out of the doctor office it would start but would not stay running. It starts easy but simply will not stay running even in neutral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the security light do that would effect the way this car runs. I am not sure if the security light is on when trying to crank but will go find out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The security light is not on when cranking
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If the security light was on then that would mean that the security system is shutting down the fuel system. If it is not then this is not the issue. It sounds like you either have low fuel pressure or a crank sensor that is failing. Do you happen to have a fuel pressure gauge and a voltage meter to run some tests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a crank sensor? Where is the crank l sensor located?The fuel pressure is good.