Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Rainier CXL: 2004 Buick Rainier l6 engine 100000 miles

Customer Question

2004 Buick Rainier l6 engine 100000 miles idles rough but not all the but most of the, no codes are coming up and AC on are off don't seem to change things the only thing works is to take it out of drive don't do it in reverse sometimes does it in park some times it will die. This has been going on for a few years but know seems to be more noticeable over the past 6 months I have tried just about every thing new plugs, fuel filter, air filter, camshaft Posting Sensor, Exhaust Cam Actuator Solenoid, Secondary Air Injection Diverter Valve, Cleaned throttle body, Replace Throttle body. Changing the Exhaust Cam Actuator Solenoid did make a noticeable differents in performance. 02 Sensor, Map sensor? where do I stop? Thanks Ray B.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Buick Rainier l6 engine 100000 miles idles rough but not all the time but most of the time, no codes are coming up and AC on are off don't seem to change things. Sometimes sitting at a light I have to take it out of drive. it don't seem do it in reverse. Sometimes does it does it just all the time. This has been going on for a few years but now seems to be more noticeable over the past 6 months I have tried just about every thing new plugs, fuel filter, air filter, camshaft Posting Sensor, Exhaust Cam Actuator Solenoid, Secondary Air Injection Diverter Valve, fan clutch Cleaned throttle body, Replace Throttle body. Changing the Exhaust Cam Actuator Solenoid did make a noticeable differents in performance. 02 Sensor, Map sensor? where do I stop? Thanks Ray B.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in several cases where fuel injectors that are not atomizing properly will cause this issue here and had to either have the fuel injectors cleaned to correct this fault or replaced.
If you have not had the fuel injectors tested at all this needs done to see if this is the cause here and the affected injectors replaced or cleaned if found to be at fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete,
I have not had time to check it out yet hope to have time this weekend, I will let you know.
Thanks Ray B.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete