Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Lasaber: I think I broke my fuel pump in two piece the

Customer Question

I think I broke my fuel pump in two piece the float assemble is still in the tank and refuses to come out of a hole that is too smam 2003 buick lasaber 3.8 im working in the trunk
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long waitthe lower section of the pump where the float is seems to big to come out of the fuel tank home to come out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already ruined thi send unit I just want it out
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
what causes this issue and is a common issue is over time the lower plastic part of the pump module assembly will swell up and cause this problemthe only way to get this out is you need to work it up to the top with needle nose pliers then while applying pressure work the plastic around with a small flat head screw driver and keep pulling on itit takes a little time but it will come out doing it that way it will be tight and drag coming out but it is the only way to get it outplease be careful and do not cause any sparks when doing this but that is what you have to do to get it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just the info I need
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
anytimedont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !