Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Park Avenue: windows other than drivers window will not

Customer Question

windows other than drivers window will not open, doors in back will not unlock, seems to be power to passengers side window all the time but could be wrong, fuses may be ok but don't know which ones to check or other things to check.
Category: Buick
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, have you checked the wiring harness between the door and door jamb -drivers side door first try wiggling the harness while holding the button for any window that isn't working and see if that window budges or moves a little .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
you have a fuse box under the back seat for different things/circuits including the windows so check the fuses there if you haven't already .and check all of them (always a good thing to do )
usually you will here a click when you try that window or any windows that usually indicates the the module in the door is responding to the button ..
there is power to the window but it uses a ground signal to work which the switch supplies .and then it switches polarity when used for the opposite direction ..jazzmaster ..
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, do you still need help ?..jazzmaster ..