Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick 2002 Le Sabre: I have a 2002 Buick Le Sabre where the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Buick Le Sabre where the wipers wouldn't turn off. In attempting to check the wiper motor I broke plastic bracket that holds wiper. Went to Junk Yard got entire new bracket assembly and new wiper motor. I reassembled everything and the wipers work and sweep correctly. They don't run in the off position anymore but they stop in the up position. I don't see any park tabs or any of the like on my 2002 or the junk yard 2002 Buicks I've taken apart. The wiper motor simply has one nut that holds it on the crank arm. Is there a park tab I missed or does the multifunction lever control this operation. Thanks, Rich
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
I am sorry your having this problem
if you cut and paste this link for the picture it shows the small parking cam on the bottom of the wiper top to park needs to contact the metal tab sticking up on the wiper transmission / motor bracket for these to park
either the adjustment is OFF between the tabs or the small cam is broken or the tab is bent out too much for the little tab to contact the little cam tab to park the wipers
its best to turn the wiper on delay wait for the wipers to stop in the delay mode then shut the key off with the wipers still at the delay stop then measure like the picture or see what is bent or broken or missing
once the cam and tab are set like the picture when the wipers are in delay like i said they will park for you
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=2002+buick+lesabre+wiper+parking+pawl&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004