Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick LeSabre: Only one person has mentioned the power steering

Customer Question

Only one person has mentioned the power steering pulley - Why? I cannot get the damned thing off! Does it require a special tool? My 1/2" drive air hammer won't budge it with a 3/8" allen-type wrench.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
the power steering pump pulley is removed with a pulley remover / installer tool sold at most auto parts stores.it is a pressed on pulley
if you are just replacing the water pump through the 2 holes in the pulley you should be able to use a deep 13 mil socket to go through the holes and remove the 2 long bolts that holds the pump on then once those 2 bolts are out you push the power steering pulley just out of the way
cut and paste this link so see the pictures the picture to the right shows the 2 long bolts that are accessed through the pulley holes
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B44D0F00649BC959!1055&authkey=!APG1SjI1x8ijYuA&v=3&ithint=photo%2cgif