FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Rendezvous CX: I have a 2003 Buick rendezvous ...all

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Buick rendezvous ...all wheel drive is disabled and car drives in limp mode what may cause this ....no codes
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the vehicle appears to always be in this mode or does it drive fine for a while prior to this occurring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is always in this mode.....
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is the check engine light actually turning on? Will the scan tool communicate with the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no check engine light and yes my scan tool does communicate with the car
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it is going into limp mode then the computer should be issuing a problem code as to why. If it is not then you may have an ECM failure. One other thing that will cause this is a voltage issue. If the battery is low or if the alternator is not charging then this will occur also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a loose ground on the negative battery cable tightened it up check for charging everything is charging okay taken for a ride for about 25 feet the all-wheel-drive was out then I found a loose ground on the negative battery cable tightened it up check for charging everything is charging okay taken for a ride for about 25 feet the all-wheel-drive was out it came on... I was able to check historic codes and it had both front wheel sensors out which I assumed was repaired because I didn't have any active engine light codes.... Any other suggestions????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is fully charged and holding....
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Does your scan tool have the ability to read the live data from the front wheel sensors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does I'll try reading it tomorrow....then go from there
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what you find. I would be interested to know if they are reading the same as the rears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long to reply... All readings are the same or normal so
Battery is good, all sensors are working properly and read normal any other suggestions???
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. So when the lights turns on all 4 wheel speed sensors are reading exactly the same speed? If they are then you may have a faulty connectin at the brake control module or the module itself may be failing.