Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick LaSabre: My 2003 Buick Lasabre, 54,000 miles, sometimes

Customer Question

My 2003 Buick Lasabre, 54,000 miles, sometimes shifts hard. How do I know if it just needs the PCS valve assembly replaced, or the transmission is shot? Leary of taking a local mechanic’s word for it, no offence intended, as he would have as vested interest in wanting it to be the whole transmission.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
I am sorry your having this problem
if this is an intermittent problem that will come and go and the transmission is NOT slipping at all 99 % of the time a new PCS and a new TCC solenoid will correct this issue
if this was a deeper or worse problem it would be slipping
but from the sounds of it which is a very common issue for these transmissions is a bad PCS and TCC solenoid
5 hours X's the shops labor and @ $ 200 for parts give or take on the shops parts mark up