Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Buick century: I have a 2005 buick century. It died one day

Customer Question

I have a 2005 buick century. It died one day on me as I was driving. took it to a shop and they found 2 wires up near the belt pulleys that were broken. they repaired the 2 and the car cranks but won't start. before repairing the 2 wires the car wouldn't even crank. when you pull the code it just says not comunacating with the pcm. we p[ut a reman pcm in and it still does not start. it fires for a nano second and dies, any clues as what is going on?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time you replace the PCM , programming is required or the computer will not read the key and the injector will not fire. I would start with making sure the computer is programmed for your car. If you are unsure, this will need to be done with a dealer scan tool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the reman pcm was programmed via the car vin and then we followed the instructions for installing from there.now the reprogram was done by the seller of the unit.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the programming was wrong and or not correct it will keep the injector from firing, have you checked to see if you have injector pulse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my car is at the local shop not sure if they checked for injector pulse or not. could the system security be keeping it from firing?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yea a security system problem can keep the engine from firing. Have them check and see if you are getting injector pulse.