Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Buick Roadmaster: My '92 Buick Roadmaster 5.7 liter seems to

Customer Question

My '92 Buick Roadmaster 5.7 liter seems to have some water in the gas tank; filled it last night - suddenly this afternoon it quit. Sometimes it starts but runs a short time and stops - as though it's vapor locking or water in the fuel system. Is there an electornic sensor that would make it act that way?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The problem may be electronic but it may also be a loss of fuel pressure due to a failing pump and or even a restricted fuel filter. The place to start it to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure when the problem is occurring, normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 9 to 13 PSI, anything less would indicate either a restricted fuel filter or a failing fuel pump. If the fuel pressure check okay then the next steps would be to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting, check these thing for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.