FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Buick Ranier: The drivers side power seat on my 2005 Buick

Customer Question

The drivers side power seat on my 2005 Buick Ranier wont move forward. When I try the switch, one side tries to move move forward and the other side seems to be stuck and won't move. the seat is in the full back position, this problem has happened before and I worked the switch back and forth and the seat started working.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Most of the time this occurs because the seat motors has either failed or the wiring under the seat has worn through. It can also be something caught in the seat track. I would inspect the track and also the wires. If those are fine then you would need to test the voltage at the motors and see if it a loss of power or the motors themselves. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?