Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Rendezvous CX: 04 buick rendezvous no start, no power

Customer Question

04 buick rendezvous no start, no power to ignition fuses inside or outside. No heater, windows,
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
I am sorry for the long wait
will the horn work ?
any access to a multi meter ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the horn works, that's about it. The chime works when key is inserted, If you turn the ignition to crank you can hear it activate the relay, and you can hear it prime the fuel pump. The dash backlight comes on, mileage, battery light in the center, when you first turn the key the check engine light illuminates for less than a second and that's it, no other lights. The ignition fuses in the interior fuse box and underhood fuse box have no power, if I put power to any of the ignition fuses the all the lights and everything works until I remove power. I just tried an ignition switch which didn't fix it.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
do all the big maxi fuses in the under hood fuse box the 20 and 30 amps and up fuses all are good ?
do they show 12 volts at them ?