How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gary Your Own Question
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Category: Buick
Satisfied Customers: 15707
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769
Type Your Buick Question Here...
Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Buick Enclave CXL: I had the left wheel hub bearing and wheel

Customer Question

I had the left wheel hub bearing and wheel speed sensor replaced ON MY 2008 Enclave @ 140120 km to correct the traction control, At 145120 km the same warning light (lack of traction control) came on. I returned the vehicle to my dealer and was informed that I require major work in the order of $5K to $6K Cdn.,citing the following replacements required; DTC CO 561, P2070, P 0017 and P0014. Cleared DTCS no go. Will GM take any responsibility for the cost.
Thanking you in advance.
Mitchell Vujacic
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
I am sorry for the long wait
you have a 150K power train warranty ? will the dealer honor it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The warranty is 5 years or 160k whichever comes first. I,m out of luck on this issue, Regards, mitchell
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
have you called GM and asked for assistance through the 1800 customer service number ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any other options for me to pursue. For the stabilizer to break at 140k seems odd.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the only option you have is to call GM customer service 1800(###) ###-####and tell them whats going on and ask for assistance
they will sometimes help with a repair or pay it all or do nothing
that decision is up to them
as for the problem you have now with those codes all set and will not clear im assuming the shop is saying the engine has a timing chain issue ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the interim, is the car safe to drive? Again thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.Regards,
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
no its not that safe to drive as this engine could stall out on you at anything or that timing chain could jump or break causing the engine to stall
at this point you are down to a few choices
1) call GM and ask for help
2) fix this problem out of your pocket
3) trade it in for another vehicle
4) sell it outright