Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

Buick Park Avenue: My mechanic tells me the load leveler on

Customer Question

My mechanic tells me the load leveler on my 1998 Buick Park Avenue is bad and needs to be replaced. Is this the same as the leveling valve? Is it possible to still find these parts for such an old car?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...On this vehicle, the Leveling Valve is built into and part of the Compressor Head. So, if the Valve is faulty, the Head as an Assembly will need to be replaced. As long as the Compressor itself is in working order, the Head can be replaced serperately. From what you are describing, it does sound like a problem in the Valve, so replacing just the Head Assembly should solve your problem. As for finding the parts- Yes. These parts should still be available. However, there's a strong chance that these may not be offered as an after market version any longer, and the Dealer may be needed to obtain these parts. Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. If you cannot rate or accept, please reply and let me know!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. If you cannot rate or accept, please reply and let me know!