Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Rainier CXL: I have a 2006 Rainier with these problems

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Rainier with these problems which all happened at basically the same time: 1. Two remote fobs no longer work (new batteries and won't program), 2. using the door lock button will lock the doors but not the liftgate, 3. rear wiper no longer works. Liftgate Module? If so, how do I know which one to get?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The liftgate control module does control functions of the remote locks and rear wiper, so it does sound like there is a problem with the liftgate control module. Before jumping in and replacing the module, I suggest you check the wires going into the liftgate. It is common for the wires to break inside the rubber boot where the wires pass through from the body of the vehicle into the liftgate. Pull back the boot and inspect the wires carefully, repairing any that are broken. Sometimes the wires break inside the insulation, so pull on each wire to determine if it is broken. If it is, the wire insulation will stretch.