Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick LeSabre Custom: This year I got my 93 year old mothers

Customer Question

This year I got my 93 year old mothers 2000 Buick LeSabre with 72,000 miles on it and it was in perfect shape. In the last 4 months I have had 3 coils changed 3 times each and the module 3 times. My Mach. suggested to take it in to GM and have them test it. It came out that it needed a MAF sensor (nothing about the coils or module?) So I put a MAF sensor in and it ran like a new car for 4 weeks--took it in for an oil change and when they brought it down it would not start and had it towed to my mach. which again changed the coil and module and told me that it was not the MAF. . No one knows (all the top mach. I've talked too. ) WHY---I have put over$2000 on tires, air, brakes and I know it has another 50,000 more miles on this car and I am willing to put 2-4 thousand into it If I can find out whats is happening to the coils and modules>>
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Do you know the brand of the parts that are being used? Do you happen to know what tests he is performing before replacing these parts?