Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

My battery died on my 2002 buick park avenue and now the radio

Customer Question

my battery died on my 2002 buick park avenue and now the radio won't work. The only button on it that reacts to my input is the recall button which will momentarily show the time and then go blank again. Also, my keyless remotes won't work anymore and the radio controls on the steering wheel don't function. Everything else seems functional at this time.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's worth noting that i don't see "loc" on my radio like i keep reading about online, it's just blank as if it's turned off. It responds to eject of the CD and when i insert a CD it accepts it. The recall button brings up the time momentarily and then goes blank again.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The first thing that needs checked here if this hasn't been done yet is to check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If a fuse has blown or any are missing this can cause this type of fault here.If these are all o.k. let me know if all of these issues occurred at the same time or over time failing/acting up one at a time and we can continue from there. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the reply but I had already fixed my problem and requested the question get canceled. I simply pulled the negative cable off the battery for a few minutes and then everything started working again. I did have to reprogram my keyless entry fobs but that was quick and easy.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That is great to hear the fault has been corrected.If you need anything else let me know. Thanks Pete