Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 91 buick skylark when i come to a stop it lurchies

Customer Question

i have a 91 buick skylark when i come to a stop it lurchies forword and dies not all the time but sometimes is it a transmission speed sensor
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist it could be a couple of things. first, it could be the idle air control motor that is sticking it could be the transmission. if the valve body is sticking, it will do this. the most common issue is the torque converter not releasing and causing the surge. a quick way to check is to remove the square plug that goes into the transmission on the front of the trans. drive the car and see if the issue is still there. try this and let me know Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
I will be here if you need me. I will send a link in case you want to talk about it Roy