Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

I was hooking up trailer lights and think I shorted out the

Customer Question

I was hooking up trailer lights and think I shorted out the flasher module. Checked fuses and found a blow flasher fuse but nothing else. I get the right directional light to go on but doesn't flash, the left does nothing. *****
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
which fuse was blown ?and no other fuses are blown in the left under hood fuse box ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the flasher fuse was blown. All others seem ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the HZDT/SIG fuse or the fuse called T/SIG ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The HZDT/SG (15 amp) was blown. When I replaced it the hazard signals blink. The T/SIG fuse was ok, but I put a new one in anyway and the direction signals do not flash. The right side directionals go on but do not blink. The left side do not even go on. I check the fuses in the inside panel for the left and right directionals and they are both good.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if that fuse or the other one is NOT blown then when the trailer wiring or what ever happened to short out to blow the fuse has damaged the turn signal flasher moduleyou will have to replace the turn signal flasher module and that should correct this issue you are havingthere is nothing else that would cause this problem you are having
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! I was afraid of that.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
anytimedont forget to rate us here at Justanswer !