Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. certified
20625509

Looking at the 3 previous complaints on this site

Looking at the 3 previous complaints on this site I now have my 2005 Rendezvous at a dealer in Fremont ,Ne been there for 3 days no answers. We can not continue to be exposed to such raw gasoline smells. Did anyone ever figure out what is the problem and been able to fix it????? XXX XXXXX, XXXXX, XX

If you go here, http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners/ and search recalls, the first one is about the fuel pressure regulator missing an o-ring and leaking.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 07E021000

Was you aware of that? Was that taken care of?

I see 3 complaints too on gas smells and 2 are even about that recall.

NHTSA ID Number: 10481641

I RECENTLY SLIGHTLY PASSED OUT AND CRASHED IN THE CAR DUE TO BEING OVERCOME BY THE INTENSIVE RAW GAS FUMES.

NHTSA ID Number: 10448209

A FUEL LEAK OCCURRED WHILE IDLING WITH THE GAS RUNNING BACK TOWARD AND UNDER THE DRIVER NEAR THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER.

NHTSA ID Number: 10442002

UPON STARTING THE VEHICLE, RAW GAS FUMES ENTER THE CAB IN SUCH QUANTITIES THAT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIVE COMFORTABLY OR SEEMINGLY SAFELY. THE FUME CAN BE SO BAD THAT ALL WINDOWS MUST BE OPENED AND HEADS HELD OUTSIDE OF THE CAR TO BREATHE FRESH AIR. MY HUSBAND DRIVING BEHIND ME ON THE FREEWAY CAN SOMETIMES ALSO SMELL THE RAW GASOLINE ODOR.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 07E021000

SUMMARY:

CERTAIN DELPHI FUEL PRESSURE REGULATORS, P/NOS. FP10020-11B1, FP10026-11B1, AND FP10027-11B1, SOLD AFTER JANUARY 9, 2007, AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. THE UNIVERSAL PRESSURE REGULATORS (UPR) WERE PRODUCED WITHOUT AN O'RING AND RETAINER.

CONSEQUENCE:

FUEL MAY LEAK, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A FIRE.

REMEDY:

DELPHI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE UPR FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 23, 2007. OWNERS CAN CONTACT DELPHI AT(NNN) NNN-NNNN

NOTES:

THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO AFTERMARKET DELPHI FUEL PRESSURE REGULATORS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED BY GENERAL MOTORS. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did replacing the fueel filter pressure reg solve the problem???

On those it did.