Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Buick Regal Custom: I have a 95 Buick regal that recently started

I have a 95 Buick regal that recently started sputtering when shifting into higher gears ( its an automatic) it seems to do fine when at low gears and even if the rpms stay low but it is very dramatic when accelerating at high speeds like onto a highway or up a hill. Just to get the easiest stuff out of the way it gets regular oil changes and the transmission fluid is not low.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

Misfiring under load is typically due to a problem in the ignition system. There is a greater load on the ignition system when in the higher gear ranges. The most common problem is failure of the spark plug wires, next most common would be failure of the igniton coils.