Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

Buick Park Avenue: I tried to find the PDF file mentioned

I tried to find the PDF file mentioned on your year ago reply for the procedure to replace the cabin air filter on theXXXXX, but the link seems to be broken or changed or deleted. I got the little side plastic closer off that exposed the end of the last section of the filter . but the filter plastic housing is wedged in behind the molding of the filter port.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Sorry about that. The files are deleted after 7 days, as they are meant for the customer who originally paid for them. Once the file is no longer needed or out-dated, it is deleted.

Not a problem though! I can wrap up the procedure for you into your very own PDF file! Download the Cabin Air Filter PDF file HERE

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see a sound insulator panel to remove or how it could be removed. I see after removing the little filter access cover ( about 3/4 inch wide by 2-1/2 inches ) just what appears to be a filter housing with two plastic tabs one of which has a paper tape The housing is about 3 inches long on the exposed end. It appears from your PDF procedure that the 3 filter sections are put in side to side and not end to end

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you are seeing the access cover, then the insulator panel is missing. It must have been removed once before. It's just a small panel to keep everything hidden (as shown in the pdf file). If you have the access cover off and see the filter, next, Remove the tape on the first filter and then remove by pulling the tab. Same for the others. If you read on in the PDF file, you'll see they are going to "interlock" together and all will be held in place by the rib on the housing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"It's just a small panel to keep everything hidden (as shown in the pdf file)"

I removed a little panel as I mentioned that is about 3/4 inch x 2-1/2 inches that exposed an end of a filter section that has two plastic tabs one of which has a tape attached . there is no way just removing that tape that the filter can be removed - it is wedged behnd the opening that it appeared to have been inserted into. As I said I don't see any way there is room for 3 filter sections side by side. This opening in the molding I am seeing where the filter section is seen, this opening is only about 3/4 inch to 1 inch wide x 3-1/2 to 4inches tall.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Are you working from the driver's side of the lower dash? Just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal.

I have already tried pulling on both tabs of the filter section that are exposed and I do not see how just removing the tape will decrease the size of the end of the filter section so it can be pulled out. Are you saying that

what I am seeing is the bottom section of the 3 section filter that is attached by the guides to the next upper filter section and by removing this section that I see that the middle section of the filter will drop down and be exposed so it can be removed, and the 3rd likewise?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. To remove the filter, pull on the tabs. You should see the white tabs (in the image below, this is a Fram replacement filter, it may not look "exact" but the idea is the same):
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see two tabs , so I should pull on the lower of the two? I have already pulled on the lower tab with no success in pulling it out . It appears to be behind the opening in the panel so the edges of the filter section are blocked by the operning in the panel. Why would just removing the tape that is attached to the upper tab make any difference?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
The tape is there to hold the tabs in place. Once the tape is removed, you can grab the tab. Pull on the lower of the tabs, and it will slide out. Keep in mind, this is also attached (slid into) the rib on the inside of the filter housing as well. So, you may need to lift up on the tab to lift the filter a little too, to get it to slide. Try to stay as straight as possible. Give it a little jiggle to get it started on the slide outwards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok . removing the tape was the trick to allow the upper tab to be raise up above the guide. but it was hard to remove that first section. Thanks !

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Whew! Made me work for that one! HAHAHAHAHA!! Do you got it all set now??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they were filthy! I hope replacing them will be easier. there will be no way to keep them straight because of the acc pedal.

I guess that is it . How about making some videos , even tho your diagrams were good( more expensive to make videos , I know)

Over and out

Ed

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Excellent! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day! (I'll see about those videos!)