Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Park Avenue: GEORGE, MyXXXXXunder-dash

Customer Question

GEORGE,

MyXXXXXunder-dash area in the neighborhood of the blower motor is producing an annoying click-rattle when the car is in motion. How do I get into the dash underside. What tools do I need?

Paul Lang
Melrose, MA
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

George is not online right now did you want to wait for him ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will work with you, Gary.

The noise resembles a click, click-click, click-click or tick, tick-tick-tick.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

most of the time if you remove the blower motor you will find some kind of debris in the blower motor fan either in the blower fan part or something hitting the fan blade

under the passenger side of the dash is the blower motor the best thing is to remove the blower and look for any debris in the blower motor usually removing any debris and re installing it cures this problem

in the rarity of nothing at all being in there or nothing hitting the fan it would need a new blower motor but 99% its a simple as just removing the blower and cleaning out the fan and re installing the blower motor

here is the procedure for removing the blower motor its located under the passenger side of the dash once you remove the little plastic under dash plastic cover its right there looking up

and here are a few pictures

a very easy job to do

1. Remove the right side sound insulator.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
  3. Remove the cooling hose from the blower motor.
  4. Remove the screws that attach the blower motor.
  5. Remove the blower motor from the HVAC module.

graphic

Gary, Buick Technician
Experience: 15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gary,

The noise does not occur when the blower is on and the car is stationary.

It occurs when the car is in motion, fan on or off.

Paul

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, again, Gary

I also need to know about tools that are needed.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

should just be 7 MIL screws to remove it

first check the fan motor out for any debris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Thanks, Gary!

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
anytime