Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Buick La Sabre: I have a 2000 buick La Sabre Limited. I am

I have a 2000 buick La Sabre Limited. I am having problems with the front windows not operating in any direction. I was wondering if there is any way to test the control switch to determine if the switch is faulty or if the power motors are faulty. The switch assembly also has controls for the rear windows & they work fine. I have pulled the switch out of the door pannel & the wiring harness appears to be plugged in .

With the master switch out and harness connector plugged in, use a voltmeter to check for 12v at the front window switches on the connector when you toggle the switch up and down. If 12v not present, replace the master switch. If 12v present, then you will need to pull the panels and check for 12v at the motors when toggling the switch. If 12v present replace the motors, if not repair the wiring harness between the switch and the motors.

Given that both front windows quit working at the same time, it is about 99% chance that it is indeed the master switch that is faulty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I will check for power & continue on.