Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick enclave: 2009 Buick Enclave. Sometimes its difficult

2009 Buick Enclave. Sometimes its difficult to turn left. sometimes it's not. Ideas?
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to try and assist you with this.I may need more info in some cases to help with answering your question.

Has anything been checked or done to try and locate or correct this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing has been done to correct or diagnose it. just wondering if it's a known issue and what the fix is

O.k.,the most common I have seen cause this issue here is the steering gear/rack and pinion gear itself.It can bind internally and cause this issue when turning one way like this here.

From what you have described here and with what I have seen in the past this sounds like what is at fault here needing replaced.

If it were an issue turning both directions I may suspect a faulty power steering pump as this can be common but since it is only in one direction this sounds like a failing rack and pinion steering gear needing replaced.

I would have this checked into further to be sure because these can be expensive to replace.The cost I show for this replacement can run up around $1500 to $2000.

Thanks Pete

HERE
is my profile if you need anything in the future on your vehicle here,you can save it to your favorites and come back if you have any future questions on your vehicle (besides this question here).

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have the procedure to replace this rack and pinion?
Unfortunately my info I have on this model year vehicle here doesn't show how this is replaced to be exact.I apologize for that.