BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

Buick LeSabre Limited: SUBJECT: 2001 Lesabre fuel pump assembly

SUBJECT: 2001 Lesabre fuel pump assembly removal. After removal of the metal ring above the assembly, I couldn't completely remove the assembly because there seemed to be a plastic ring on the fuel tank that prevented me from completely removing the assembly. How do I remove that plastic ring?
Greetings and welcome,

You will need to have the J 39765 service tool or "try" using a flat screwdriver to remove, but that could cause major damage and be unusable after that. That ring rotates to unlock. click here for factory instructions. You may check with a local parts store, they may have one to borrow.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address any follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.