Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

the rear left door on my buick lucerne locked and i can,t open

the rear left door on my buick lucerne locked and i can,t open it.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris the only thing I can tell you is when we got home one night when i stopped the car my wife grabbed the door handle before I had put the car in park, Since then I can,t open that door.

When the doors are locked and unlocked can you visually see this door lock moving and or making any sound or tying to move?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris, When I put the car in park all the doors open automatically except that one door, and you can hear that it wants to open but nothing happens.

I believe we just have a faulty door lock actuator in this case. Remove the door trim with the below directions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06buickdoortrim.pdf

Below are the directions to replace the latch/lock actuator.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06buick%20latchlock.pdf

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chris, It looks like a pretty big job for for me so I might just take it to the Buick dealer. Thanks for your help anyway.

Your welcome