FIXITMAN, Master Technician

My 2005 Buiick Park Avenue will not let me insert the key into

My 2005 Buiick Park Avenue will not let me insert the key into the ignition, the anti-theft light comes on, then off, when I get in the car, but it will not accept the key.

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. If the key will not go into the ignition then you need to try another key. If that keys works then replace the worn out key. If the other key does not work either then chances are that the key lock cylinder has failed. If the key will not insert then typically this is due to one of the tumblers failing in the cylinder. It will need to be replaced. Is this something that you plan on fixing yourself?

No, I am not able to do that. Can I call a locksmith, or will it have to be towed to the repair shop>

FIXITMAN : There are some locksmiths that will fix this. I would just ask them when they call and also make sure that they know how to reprogram the security system.