Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick LeSabre Custom: how do I replace air bag control module

how do I replace air bag control module on 2003 buick lesabre
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

Do you have a split bench seat, or do you have bucket seats with a center console?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

split bench seat

Thanks for the info. The air bag module is located in the center, below the seat and under the carpet. You have to remove the front seat and pull back the carpet to access the module.

To remove the seats, move the seats all the way forward and remove the bolts at the back, then lift up the rear of the seat and pull back to disengage front bracket.

graphic

Pull back carpet to expose the airbag module.

Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) (1) from the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) wiring harness connector (2).
Push down flex lock button (3) and then move sliding connector locking cover (4) to the open position.

graphic

Remove nuts securing module to floor, remove module

graphic