Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Buick Rendezvous: How to remove and replace alternator on 2005

How to remove and replace alternator on 2005 Buick Rendezvous?

The Engine needs to be "rotated forward" to gain access

>>>> CLICK HERE

REMOVE ALTERNATOR >>> CLICK HERE

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

--RATING REQUIRED! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited

Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience: GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would it be helpful to remove the wiper motor, windshield washer reservoir and the fuse box?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Mo Lurch was offline and I never received answer to my second question.

new expert here did you still need help ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Our second question was "would it be helpful to remove the wiper motor, windshield washer reservoir and fusebox in addition to what Mo told us to do?

just removing the plastic wiper black piece is all you need to remove as once the alternator is loose and moved a side then the power steering pump has to be removed and lifted up and moved to the side then there will be enough room to get it out

the problem with removing the wiper linkage is that wiper system is timed and when you remove the linkage it will put it out of timing and the wipers will hit each other.it is best to not unhook and wiper linkage

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do Not Understand Plastic Wiper Black Piece

with the hood open there is a rubber strip that goes along the back of the firewall remove that and pop up the plastic piece

looking at this picture there should be a plastic air inlet piece that snaps onto the cowlgraphic lip that you pulled the rubber strip off and that plastic will just pop up by hand