Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous CXL. The dealer just me the

I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous CXL. The dealer just me the BCM needs to be replaced. I was given a price quote from the dealer of 950+tax. Looking on line the cost of BCM's is much lower. Is this something I can replace myself if I get another that is already programed? Where is the BC located on the 2005 Rendezvous?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. This is a common problem and the best option for you to save money is buy the bcm yourself then have dealer install and program it. The BCM needs to be installed for it to be programmed so there is no other options other then to let dealer install/program which they will charge about $100 for then the part you can buy for about $200 bringing total cost down to $300 total. The part number is XXXXX here is one on ebay for $160 http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDelco-15234888-New-Electronic-Control-Unit-/230867767398?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c0ca9066&vxp=mtr

Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in your opion how receptive do you thinkl the dealer will be to installing a BCM that I don't but from them

I just had it done on my rendezvous a couple months ago and they had no issues at all. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.