BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

How to I remove the door panel to replace the heated seat switch

How to I remove the door panel to replace the heated seat switch on a 2003 Buick LeSabre LIMITED
Greetings and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

There is some trim pieces to remove, so I have uploaded a pdf file for you to look at that shows everything. Please let me know if I can help further.

Click here for file
Why did you leave a bad rating, did my answer not help? Did you need further assistance? You could have asked more questions? Can i still help you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 6 drawings were small and difficult to see. The instructions were tiny and impossible to read. I was able to enlarge only the 1st drawing, not the othe 5. Result: This was worthless to me. Can you revise and enlarge the drawings & instructions. If not, please refund my $18. Thank you.

Instead of leaving a bad service rating, next time just respond to your expert and let them know. I clicked on the file and it is nice and big and you can read it just fine.

Tools Required
  • J 36796 Clip Zip Clip Removal Tool
  • J 38778 Door Trim Pad Clip Remover
Removal Procedure

1. Remove the upper door trim panel (1).
  1. Use the J 38778 in order to release the push in retainer at the top of the upper door trim panel (1).
  2. Lift upwards in order to remove.
  3. Disconnect the electrical connector to the tweeter.

1. Remove the inside door handle bezel.
  2. Remove the fastener (1) located in the inside door handle opening.

1. Remove the door reflector using a small flat bladed tool inserted between the reflector and the door trim panel and gently prying it out.
  2. Remove the fastener located at the rear of the door reflector opening (2).
  3. Use the J 36796 in order to release the retainers (3) around the outside edges of the door trim panel (1).
  4. Slide the door trim panel upwards in order to disengage the door trim panel from the window inner belt seal strip.
  5. Disconnect the door trim panel wiring harness.
  6. Remove the door trim panel from the vehicle.

Please let me know if you need anything further,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you ! I can now read these instructions with this larger font.

Vance Burnett

Great. Make sure to change your rating to Excellent service so I get credit for my work and you are now satisfied.