Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Buick Rainier CXL: 2004 Buick Rainier rear air suspension.

2004 Buick Rainier rear air suspension. If car not used for 2 days, rear drops down several inches. When car is started, air pump returns real level to normal. What is involved in fixing this problem? Is it major cost to repair?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Buick problem.

The Rainier has air springs (air bags) in the rear instead of conventional coil springs. If the system is leaking down then the problem is typically due to leaks in the rubber bladders of the air springs themselves. The air springs should be checked for leaks, then repaced if necessary. Leak testing is done by spraying a soapy water solution onto the air spring and checking for bubbles. Cost to replace the rear air springs is normally around $550 for parts and labor (a little more if you go to the dealer).