rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 2004 Buick Century smells like gas fumes inside my car.

Customer Question

My 2004 Buick Century smells like gas fumes inside my car. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems. If I go off line, just leave a message and I'll be right back. DO NOT leave feedback yet.

Normally, there is a small fuel leak in the engine compartment at the fuel rail or an injector leaking externally. You will need to locate the leak with the engine running in order to find it, because they are usually very small BUT smell real bad. Hope this helps you. Thanks, Ron

Please note; your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT SERVICE

3-5 STARS /SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT. I strive for EXCELLENT ratings.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces equal (POOR AND BAD SERVICE) and are NEGATIVE ratings on me personally. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you. Positive feedback is my goal.

Thank you, Ron

Please note: not every answer I give you is something you were hoping to hear, even though it is true, such as; (it's more expensive than you wanted to spend, or you will need to have a professional repair shop do the diagnostics and /or repairs due to complexity reasons).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome, thank you too. Ron