Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Lucerne CX: how do i replace a fuel pump on a 2006 buick

how do i replace a fuel pump on a 2006 buick lucerne
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if you open the trunk and lift up the trunk liner you will see an access panel as seen in the first picture once that is off
  1. Disconnect the fuel feed rear pipe quick connect fitting (3) from the sender.
  2. Disconnect the wiring harness electrical connectors (1, 2) from the pressure sensor and sender.
  3. Reposition the fuel feed pipe and harness connectors out of the way.
  4. Use the J 45722 and a long breaker-bar in order to unlock the fuel sender lock ring. Rotate the lock ring in a counterclockwise direction. NOTE:
  5. Avoid damaging the lock ring. Use only J-45722 to prevent damage to the lock ring.
  6. Do Not handle the fuel sender assembly by the fuel pipes. The amount of leverage generated by handling the fuel pipes could damage the joints
  7. The fuel sender assembly may spring up from its position.
  8. When removing the fuel sender assembly from the fuel tank, be aware that the reservoir bucket is full of fuel. It must be tipped slightly during removal to avoid damage to the float. Discard the fuel sender assembly O-ring seal and replace it with a new one.
  9. Carefully discard the fuel in the reservoir bucket into an approved container. graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so i don't have to jack up the car and drop the fuel tank (nightmare)?! this is a miracle ! really ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so i don't have to jack up the car and drop the fuel tank (nightmare)?! this is a miracle ! really ? what is the labor hours on this job , approx.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
nope right threw the trunk !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is a god. thank you. you know, alldata for professionals gives repair information and for consumers it does not ! what a fraud. i am backcharging my 27 dollars with them. mitchell also gave NO repair information, but only on the fuel pump. not even a email or phone to call them. another backcharge! but you and just answer came through. thanks! ill contact you again when i need you.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
anytime.make sure you rate us at Justanswer !
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience: 15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello. as per your information, i am going to order fuel pump lock ring removal wrench j45722.

however, the gm warehouse put the wrong part number insert sheet into the box, 19133527 rather than the part that was ordered and in the box: 19153051.

they provided another sheet in the box which called for j 39765. BUT,, maybe that's for fuel pump part number 19133527 and NOT for 19153051 which it is supposed to be.

so essentially, i am asking here for you to please be sure i should order part number j45722 fuel pump lock ring removal tool. i don't want to order the wrong tool. uy.

i wish gm didn't mess up cause now i don't even know if i paid a fortune for the wrong fuel pump in the right box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much,

robert

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
so what do you need to know from me ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing . forget it.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok i was just trying to understand what happened thats all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well, if you would bother to read what i wrote, you would know what i was asking. instead, you're just skimming through. apparently, you are working in a shop right now, are going to your computer for 5 seconds and trying to do two jobs at the same time and doing a poor job here in the process. i sent an email to just answer so they can review who is right, you or i ?

did i ask a question you didn't care to answer or did i not. lets see what just answer has to say.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
no need to be rude.i dont see anywhere where someone is right and someone was wrong.that tool to remove the fuel pump lock is J45722.and no i am not working in the shop and online.i was unclear if you were also questioning the fuel pump number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all i needed to know was to make sure the tool number was right. which is why i prefaced with what i am asking.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
yes that tool number i gave you is the correct tool number.i was just clarifying as we always want to be sure to give you the correct answers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. well enough. hopefully next time well correspond better. it seemed to me like u just didn't care. anyway.... lets forget about it.

ill let just answer know im satisfied. i didn't ding your reputation regarding this ( if you check, you can see this is so ) and for the first answer, i gave you the highest rating.

thank you.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
anytime