Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

Buick LeSabre Limited: I am getting knock sensor code on my

I am getting knock sensor code on my 2004 Buick Lesabre. Can you tell me where it (they?) are located. A diagram or picture would be great.
Thanks
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.
"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

Can you tell me where it (they?) are located. A diagram or picture would be great.

The Knock Sensors are located on the sides of the engine

graphic

Here is Buick procedures also:

click links below

REMOVE KNOCK SENSOR 1

REMOVE KNOCK SENSOR 2

Please Rate my answer as I have provided the info you requested\\

Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience: GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Knock sensor #2 is my problem. It appears to be broken (loose when I wiggle the end of it). I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a socket up there, the transmission is in the way. Is there a special socket that you guys use? If I leave it unplugged, will the check engine light come back on?Thanks,Bob ,

Is there a special socket that you guys use?

best to get to it from car on rack.....
wrench is used

If I leave it unplugged, will the check engine light come back on?

yes...........
Since you are going to replace it, you could plug the new one in & wire tie up to have the computer see the Sensor............