Bill
Bill, Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician

2002 buick rendezvous: replacing..passenger window guide

Customer Question

instructions for replacing a passenger window guide on a 2002 buick rendezvous
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, the door trim panel has to come off for this. here are complete directions:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON and/or SMILEY FACE to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
this answer does not not tell me how to remove the old one or install the new one
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Yes, they do. You must not have opened each one. You have to remove the power window switch, the door trim panel, the water deflector, and the window outer belt seal, which are all the first directions. The LAST 3 are VERY explicit directions to remove and install the window channel guide.

HERE ARE THE LAST 3 AGAIN:

graphic
View Full Image

graphic
View Full Image

graphic
View Full Image

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
look im not dumb nor am i an expert but this clearly does not tell me what i need to know.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,

You remove the door panel, deflector and seal as shown. Then, you remove the screw shown clearly in the diagram and then you pull the channel guide out of the door with your hands. You can start at one end and work your way to the other pulling the channel guide out of door channel

1. Position the window channel into the front door.
  2.  

3. Install the front door window channel screws.

Tighten
    Tighten the screw to 10 [n-m] (89 lb in).

4. Install the window channel to the front door, starting in the top corner working out in both directions.

Firmly seat the window channel to the front door.

5. Inspect the window for proper operation.

I honestly dont know how to explain it any simpler or any more straightforward.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There isn't a screw just a plastic piece that is supposed to clip on to the metal guide I dont know how to get it on and your diagram does not show that part.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

I will opt out and see if another expert can explain it better than I can as obviously I am not understanding which part you dont feel gives enough explanation. sorry that I am not being clear enough or that the GM factory directions are not clear enough for you.

If another expert has a better way of explaining it to you, they will post here. Do not respond until they post here, otherwise it locks it back to me and prevents anyone else from helping
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i got a text saying my answer was ready but there is no new answer.

Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

graphicgraphicWelcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

Apparently you are referring to the sash clip on the regulator assembly?

After removing the bolt for the window clip, carefully pry the cable out of the sash clip. Make sure the regulator cable is not damaged. The sash clip will simply then rotate and unclip from the regulator. When reinstalling it just make sure the piece clamped on the cable fits back into the slot on the sash clip. Basically after prying out the cable as shown in the picture just rotate it towards the inside of the door. It will pop off of the regulator guide. Sorry... forgot no bolt on these... just clips in the glass assembly if memory serves.

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i get it to clip on the guide without breaking the plastic clips?
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

The same way the old one comes off. You place it on the track at about a 45 degree angle to it and pull it towards the track while rotating it on. It goes on relatively easily.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The other was broke off so i dont know how it went i have tried but dont seem to be able to get it on. your answer sounds easy but its not that easy.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately there is no better picture than those two. The second one shows installing it by sliding it on at the 45 angle and using a firm motion to rotate it onto the track fully. I personally have done many and have never broken one. The plastic is pretty tough and it doesn't take a rediculous amount of force to rotate it into position.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to bother you I quess this isnt something you can get the answer to online, please do not bill my card as this was no help to me.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

It was directly and completely answered with pictures and explained.

Good day.