Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

2007 LACROSSE cxs: abs..REPLACED HUB ASSEMBLY. ohmed

2007 LACROSSE CXS ABS CODE C0040. REPLACED HUB ASSEMBLY. OHMED OUT SENSOR WIRES FROM SENSOR TO EBCM. NO PROBLEM FOUND. THE RESISTANCE IS WITHIN 20 OHMS OF THE LEFT WHEEL SENSOR WIRING THAT HAS NO ISSUES. REPLACED THE EBCM THINKING THAT THE SIGNAL PROCESSING PART OF THE MODULE WAS BAD BUT, I STILL HAVE THE SAME CODE AND ISSUES. HELP!
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
when you ohmed the left front and had 20 OHMS was that just at the sensor ? what will it read if you ohm it down right from the ABS connector ? then what will the right front OHM out at ohming at the ABS connector ? when will it throw this code ?on start up slow speeds? fast speeds?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the 20 ohms is the difference between the left and right sides. ran my test from the ebcm connector and left speed sensors connected. left side was 1465 right side was 1485. this code pops on at low speeds and usually when going from reverse to drive within 10 feet.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok. ohm just the sensors.then ohm each side each wire one at a time and see which one is different than the others.99% of the time if the hub and bearing is new replacing the wiring and the connector at the wheel thats acting up from the hub connector to the ABS module fixes 99% of them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I believe it has been resolved. I replaced the connector and packed it full of dielectric grease. If my customer does not come back in a couple of days with the same problem I will accept your answer so you can get paid. Thanks

Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok great let me know