Neal, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced in most makes. Many years family business.

2008 Buick: abs light..Traction/Control light have repeatedly shown

I have a 2008 Buick Lacrosse and the ABS light and the Traction/Control light have repeatedly shown. What might be the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

It is typically a bad wheel speed sensor, unfortunately it taks a special scan tool to read the codes and determine for sure and which sensor it is. The code readers they have at the parts store will not read the abs and traction control codes.

The tool is quite expensive and only larger shops and dealers will have it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm checking for recall information in reference to both of these issues. It seems there have been such for both. Do you know how long they remain in force? I've had the car for less than a year.
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
To be sure on any recall info you need to contact the dealer with you vin number to see if you car is included. If it was covered under a recall it will still be in effect.