GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

1999 buick century: anti-lock brake and trac off lights come

what does it mean when the "service vehicle soon" ,"anti-lock brake" and "trac off" lights come on on an 1999 buick century with 137000 miles?
Category: Buick
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

It is very likely that these are all related to the ABS system and the most common issue on these is the front sensors.

Now it could be the sensor itself inside the wheel hub, or even more liekly is the wiring that runs from the body to the sensor. The wires break around the lower ball joint where they bend all the time.

IF you have a meter, then test the resistance of the sensor. Spec is(NNN) NNN-NNNNohms, If in range then look at the jumper harness to replace. You may not be able to see the issue inside unless you open the harness up and even then it can be inside the casing